Monday, September 17, 2012

More About "K" (My Amazing Kindle)

It has been a little over a week after I got my Kindle. What can I say? I have no regrets at all that I got K. Look at her after one week of being with me.

My favorite thing!
I bought a black leather cover and screen protector for my beloved K. She looks really nice in her new "home." Hubby also bought a booklight for me so I can read in the evening after they turn the lights off. Bliss!

Well, I have to admit I have been staying up late in the evening because of my reading. I promise myself I'll set and follow a reading schedule so that I won't be sacrificing sleep and rest over reading anymore.

Anyway, after a week with K:

(1) I am still loving her E-ink display! It really feels like you're reading an actual book. Even my boys were amazed when they looked at K's display.

(2) I am very much impressed with her battery life. When I got her last week, she had an initial factory charge... I read almost everyday for at least an hour and a week after, I still do not need to recharge her battery. Awesome! In this day and age when people usually charge their cellphones almost everyday (especially those hi-tech touchscreen phones), K is a treasure!

(3) I was able to store over 200 ebooks and did not see any sign of slow down on K's end. Amazing!

Kindle is a very good investment for voracious readers like me. I'll tell you a secret... I read 3 books already since the day I got K. Hihi. :)

11 comments:

  1. The leather case looks perfect for your kindle. Kindle is really a better alternative to stocking books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Franc. Yup, it's fun to have your "library" with you all the time. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a Kindle app on my iPad. Would you say there is an advantage of a separate Kindle machine to a Kindle app?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! For me, the best part about having a Kindle is that you won't have to charge your reader as often as you do with tablets and phones. Plus, it means reading less the glare (which can cause eye strain) because of the E-ink display. It's a very good investment. :)
      Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you're enjoying the Kindle experience! I love my Kindle 3 but definitely tempted by the new Kindle Paperwhite! eInk is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rocky! There's a new Kindle? Oh wow. Just in time for Christmas. Haha! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't had a kindle. But I'm looking into purchasing one since I want to start reading more books while on the go (without the added luggage) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better schedule your reading because you might be holding K more than keeping your hubby warm in the evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's interesting! My college friend could have the same reasons why she has Kindle 3 on her Christmas wishlist this year. :)

    ReplyDelete